sabato 21 dicembre 2013

La prima conferenza stampa del nuovo mister Kenny Shiels

Di seguito le prime parole del neo tecnico del Morton nella conferenza stampa di lunedì pomeriggio:

Kenny Shiels was officially unveiled as the new manager of Greenock Morton Football Club in a press conference held in the Boardroom at Cappielow Park monday afternoon.

Chairman Douglas Rae said “It’s my pleasure to introduce Kenny as our new manager. I think he in an outstanding character who will do very well for us. He’s a man with a lot of experience and a keenness for youth. We have gone in for our Youth Academy in a very big way with six youth teams as well as our development squad. Unfortunately the team that’s fareing the poorest is the one that should be doing the best!”

“I’m very pleased that David Hopkin is going to assist Kenny because in his three games in interim charge he has brought shape and organisation to the team even if results haven’t gone our way.”

“We had several very, very good candidates apply for the job, but Kenny came top of the list, he ticked all the boxes. We’re sure that Kenny will be a great success with us, he shares our ambition to reach the Premier League but firstly we need to stay in this division.”

Kenny Shiels said “It’s quite obvious that Morton are a club with great tradition and ambition. I’m joining a club with an impetus, a drive and desire to move up. I studied the club a lot and spoke with the Chairman to find out whether he was ambitious to move up, which he certainly is.”

“It’s important when you go for a job that you do some research on the people you will be working for, just as it’s important they do some research on me to find out whether I tick the right boxes as the Chairman said. I did all that research and liked what I saw. I can feel there’s already a good trust between the Chairman and myself.”

“My spell out of the game was very difficult. Football is my life, I don’t play golf, so I was itching to get back. When this opportunity came along it gave me great inspiration.”

“The work done by Tom Elliot on the community side has been excellent. It’s possible for a 2 year old to have an affiliation with the club by joining the facility for their fun Micro Morton practice sessions, then move up to Mini Morton, they can spend their lives – just like the Chairman has done - either supporting, or even playing for the team. So we have a community connection and a community spirit. Football was designed for the people and when Greenock Morton was formed in 1874 it was founded for the people of Greenock and we can’t deviate from that tradition. When the team go out on a Saturday there’s an immense local pride and we have a duty to accommodate that.”

When asked about the prospect of avoiding relegation he replied “It’s certainly a challenge but I’ve already seen a lot of good things with the players this morning in training. There are a lot of things that can be supported, it’s up to me as manager to give it everything I have and every ounce of energy I have will go into this project.”

Nessun commento: